Kraftwerks Supercharger System - Mazda MX-5 MY06-13
Kraftwerks is pleased to announce the release of a brand new intercooled supercharger system for the new Mazda MX5 MX-5. At the heart of the new system is the Rotrex C30-84, similar to the C30-94 supercharger used in the extremely successful Kraftwerks 2006-2013 Honda Civic Si system. The C30-84 has found to perform and respond better with the characteristics of the NC's motor.
Each MX5 supercharger system is a comprehensive design and includes all necessary components to ensure safe, reliable operation. Standard-issue with each kit is a large, front-mount intercooler to help ensure low intake air temperatures for optimal performance. All necessary aluminium tubing, silicone couplers, and clamps are also included for easy installation. Proper air/fuel ratios are ensured with the included Grams Performance 550cc/min. fuel injectors, Grams 255lph fuel pump. Convenient, Simple bolt-on installation. No cutting, drilling, or welding, making each kit a true bolt-on experience.
Rotrex superchargers are renowned for their compact size, high adiabatic efficiency, low vibration, and quiet operation. Their unique traction drive technology is what makes all of this possible, which, unlike other superchargers, transmits power through frictional forces between its rolling elements. Each Rotrex unit features its own self-contained oiling system that remains independent of the engine. Its dual-action oil pump supplies traction fluid to the supercharger while the supplied cooler ensures proper fluid temperatures at all times.
The Kraftwerks MX5 supercharger system provides instant throttle response and a progressive power curve that increases all the way to redline without the typical spiking or surging turbochargers are known for. This unique, more usable power curve results in reduced cylinder pressures, less strain on engine components, and increased reliability. Rotrex superchargers also operate much cooler when compared to turbochargers and other supercharger systems, which reduces the engine’s intake air temperature as well as its risk of detonation.
At 10psi of boost pressure, the supercharger system produced an impressive +110whp on 91-octane through the OEM headers and exhaust. More impressive is the linear power curve throughout the entire power band due to the patented traction drive technology, which transmits power through friction forces between its rolling elements.
Pre-Production Kit: 250Whp /180 Ft/Lbs @ 7400 rpm
Rotrex C30-84 Supercharger Unit
• Kraftwerks exclusive Black anodized Drive Housing
( http://cms.skunk2.com/id/988/Black-Anodized-Rotrex-Drive-Housings/ )
• Ultra high efficiency
• Silent operation
• Low operating temperatures
• Self-contained lubrication and cooling system
• High reliability
• 550cc Grams Performance Fuel injectors
• 265 LPH Grams Performance Fuel Pump
Independent Drive System
• Does not share belt with engine accessories for greater reliability
• If the drive belt breaks, you won’t be left stranded
Toothed Belt System
• Zero slip under the heaviest loads and hardest accelerations
Offset Supercharger Placement
• Allows for greater clearance around belts, thus reducing chances for rubbing
• Allows for simple and more efficient tubing layout
• No poorly designed, inefficient and goofy-looking custom hoses/tubing into the throttle body
• Specially designed secondary nose and bearing system to support the water pump
Improved Water pump Belt Routing
• Improved support on custom nose pulley for water pump.
• Increased traction and efficiency of water pump
• Pulley options offer customers the ability to increase overall power delivery to more heavily modified engines.
Optimised Tubing and Intercooler Layout
• 2.5” mandrel bent aluminium hot side tubing into intercooler.
• 3.0” mandrel bent aluminium cold side tubing into throttle body made possible because of independent drive
and offset supercharger configuration
• 3.5" Thick, 8-row high efficiency intercooler
• Intercooler good up to 460whp
Ease of Installation and Tuning
• Simple bolt-on installation. No cutting, drilling, or welding
• 4.5 hours installation time (approximate)
Upgraded clutch recommended to handle approx. 100+ whp increase.
- Two step and rev limiter usage at your own risk, can void warranty.
Kit is designed for vehicles WITH Factory A/C