DBA 5000 Series Cross Drilled Brake Rotors - Subaru WRX GD MY05-07 / Liberty BM, BR MY09-12 / Outback MY00-03
Disc Brakes Australia is an Australian owned manufacturer, designer and global marketer of after-market and OE disc brake rotors! With more than three decades of manufacturing expertise, DBA continues to supply premium performance disc brake rotors from its manufacturing plant in Sydney, Australia. DBA is Australia's most highly awarded manufacturer of automotive after-market parts, winning the prestigious AAAA Gold Manufacturer Award no less than nine times!
DBA's 5000 XS design 'sports' the same benefits as the 4000 Series XS except for one major structural advancement, two piece design! The 5000 Series DBA Brake Rotors incorporate Alumalite hats made from 6061-T6 Aeronautical grade aluminium. The Alumalite hat reduces unsprung weight for improved suspension and handling performance as well as allowing uniform expansion of the disc rotor during high performance use.
The Alumalite's ability to reduce the level of heat transfer adds to the longevity of both the disc rotor and other vehicle components such as brake pads and wheel hub bearings.
Features and Benefits
Kangaroo Paw – 144 diamond and tear drop pillar ventilation system
• Increased surface area resulting in greater heat dissipation • Increased surface area resulting in greater heat dissipation • Minimises brake fade and increases braking effectiveness • Prolongs service life for both pads and rotors. Reduces mechanical damage and associated costs •
XG150 High Carbon Alloyed Iron
• An increased thermal capacity property allows the rotor to handle constant extremes of heat over extended periods of time • Special formulation designed to respond to DBA’s TSP process • Prolongs the service life of the disc rotor •
Thermo-graphic Temperature Monitoring
• Heat paint markings change colour at specific temperature thresholds • When temperature thresholds are exceeded paint markings will permanently change colour • Offers the driver a clear indication of peak braking temperatures • Allows the driver to monitor rotor fatigue and decide on rotor replacement and to assist resellers with warranty claims •
Thermal Stability Profiling (TSP)
• Stabilises the natural rotor stresses by realigning the microstructure of the iron • Minimises warping and cracking and prolongs the service life of the rotor •
Paint protection on non-friction areas
• Reduces corrosion • Enhances appearance • Stops any unsightly rust formation • Adds value to the product