DBA HD Series XS Cross Drilled Brake Rotor - Subaru STI MY08-10
Disc Brakes Australia is an Australian owned manufacturer, designer and global marketer of after-market and OE disc brake rotors! With more than three decades of manufacturing expertise, DBA continues to supply premium performance disc brake rotors from its manufacturing plant in Sydney, Australia. DBA is Australia's most highly awarded manufacturer of automotive after-market parts, winning the prestigious AAAA Gold Manufacturer Award no less than nine times!
The 4000XS is a premium cross-drilled and slotted pattern designed to work in conjunction with DBA’s patented Kangaroo Paw ventilation system. The XS pattern increases the number of out-gassing exit pointsto allow brake pad friction gasses to escape through. This increases the consistency and effectiveness of every brake stop. These rotors also feature DBA’s proprietary XG-150 high carbon alloyed iron and Thermal Stability Profiling (TSP) which prolongs the service life of the rotor.
Features and Benefits
Kangaroo Paw – 144 diamond and tear drop pillar ventilation system
• Increased surface area resulting in greater heat dissipation • Increased surface area resulting in greater heat dissipation • Minimises brake fade and increases braking effectiveness • Prolongs service life for both pads and rotors. Reduces mechanical damage and associated costs •
XG150 High Carbon Alloyed Iron
• An increased thermal capacity property allows the rotor to handle constant extremes of heat over extended periods of time • Special formulation designed to respond to DBA’s TSP process • Prolongs the service life of the disc rotor •
Thermo-graphic Temperature Monitoring
• Heat paint markings change colour at specific temperature thresholds • When temperature thresholds are exceeded paint markings will permanently change colour • Offers the driver a clear indication of peak braking temperatures • Allows the driver to monitor rotor fatigue and decide on rotor replacement and to assist resellers with warranty claims •
Thermal Stability Profiling (TSP)
• Stabilises the natural rotor stresses by realigning the microstructure of the iron • Minimises warping and cracking and prolongs the service life of the rotor •
Paint protection on non-friction areas
• Reduces corrosion • Enhances appearance • Stops any unsightly rust formation • Adds value to the product